Monday 19 December 2016

Silly wish

   Before we go to any hiking during summers here, my husband gets extra cautious and tries to read about the hiking area to see if any wild animals we may have to encounter on our way. Hence he selects those mountains were bears are not seen :) 
    Since I was raised in southern parts of India mostly surrounded by forest area, I try to be more courageous among the two of us with respect to the forest. Sometimes just as we start hiking we would find some snakes etc and my husbands enthusiasm would go off and would get very serious for rest of the 2-3 hours.  After such hikes I got more courage( read over confidence) and used to wish for any bear encounter( view from far though :D ) and used to irritate him every time. Silly me. Same was the case when we camped twice. 
     Exciting weekends continued and our friends planned for a trip to smoky mountains.  I had heard about bear sightings there but thought, why would they come near our cabin! The night we reached, We had a great time with friends chatting in the hot tub with delicious chicken and some drinks for most of the night. 
     I woke up early and thought of exploring our cabin and surrounding area. I enjoyed the greenery and after taking some fresh air, I came inside when all of my friends woke up. When we were just preparing breakfast I went out again, I ran near our car to pick some stuff and came to the second floor of the cabin where our kitchen was. Just then our friends who were in the main floor said there was a bear coming. 
   I got so excited thinking that I would finally see a wild bear and came out to the balcony dragging my husband with me. Luckily, our friends came up and told us to just come inside and lock the door. Just as we came inside, the bear came to the second floor, looking for food near the grill and came near the hot tub, got into the hot tub, played for couple of minutes and went back elegantly. All this while, all of us stunned, watching the bear quietly through the glass walls.  
   Rightly said, if you wish something from heart it happens. That was it, I am never wishing to see bear so closely, ever again. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment