Saturday 9 May 2015

Visits to Mooresville Christian mission- non profitable organization


Being a homemaker in US without family is quite a challenge,but having a supportive and ever encouraging husband makes this challenge pretty easy. However, the urge to help people always forced me to think if I could go out of the house and do something positive for strangers. This thought was further nurtured when priest asked us to make our lives meaningful during one of the mass preachings on Saturday.
When I met Jaquiline and few other young and old people happily helping people made me think how it is to feel when you do something good for others. They are filled with smiles and tremendous energy though they spent few hours every week from past many years without any monetary benefits.
Giving food coupons to people without any income so that they can get food for their daily living, understanding poor people's problems and guiding them and helping them to live life with dignity is such a fulfilling job. I never felt such peace during my entire career of 7.5 years in IT industry where I was being paid every month as much as this service gave me. I wish I continue helping, till the end.

1 comment: